Before Your Appointment
* The office is Suite # 415 (fourth floor, the middle office on the left,) in the Bellingham Towers, the building where Nimbus restaurant is located.
* For best results eat light, and save caffeine, and ibuprofen (or any other stimulants or non-essential pain relievers) for after the massage.
* Just an FYI, Be sure and have a few quarters, or a dollar bill on hand, depending on where you park downtown, Monday through Friday, during normal business hours.
* If you need to use the restroom before your appointment, the most convenient ones are in the lobby, or on the 3rd floor to the right.
"What are the Contraindications to Massage?"
Massage is generally considered a safe treatment, because it is non-invasive, relaxing, and natural. There are times when massage is not a good idea or "contraindicated." These requirements are in place to protect your health and well-being. Thank you for reading this list.
Massage is not a good idea with any of these conditions:
* Contagious illnesses, including colds and flu
* Recent surgeries or injuries
* Skin diseases
* Under the influence of drugs or alcohol- including prescription pain medication
Persons with these conditions can receive massage everywhere except the affected area:
* Inflammation, including arthritis
* Undiagnosed pain
* Undiagnosed lumps or bumps
* Varicose veins
Persons with these conditions may only receive massage with a written note by your Physician:
* Bellís palsy, trapped or pinched nerves
* Cardio-vascular conditions (thrombosis, phlebitis, hypertension, heart conditions)
* Heart problems, angina, those with pacemakers
* High blood pressure
* Nervous or psychotic conditions
* Psoriasis or eczema
"Does a contraindication mean that I cannot receive massage?"
Not usually. Massage can be very beneficial for many medical conditions. In the above cases it is in your best interest to have advice from your physician. Massage practitioners may not, under law, attempt to diagnose a condition. Your doctor may recommend gentle treatment, which includes some wonderful work, and can be just as effective as deeper work