The Business Eview is designed to meet the needs of any subscriber. We have designed our website to enable customers to get to your Eview website, verified credentials, and consumer ratings through a variety of channels:
- Through a search and connect on our site
- By a domain name that links directly to your Eview site
- Or through a link from your independent site to your Eview site.
We have enabled all Eview members to be provided with a URL (Uniform Resource Locator) or web address that you can use to link people to your Eview website.
However, if you would like to have more independence with a stronger association with your services, we encourage you to purchase a web address and use it to direct customers to your Eview website.
The purchase can be made with any company that provides domain registration services (usually in the $9.00 to $25.00 range); however, there are a few things that you should know before committing to it.
First you should decide on a domain name. This can be a challenging process. There are web based search tools (on the registration sites) to help you find what is available. Choices on length, extensions (.com, .info, .org, etc.), spelling, and widespread use will all impact the availability of the names you desire.
You should take the time to create a list of possible names.
In choosing your domain you should consider a number of issues.
- You should try and keep your domain name short. Between 4 and 14 characters not counting the www or the .com. The suggested maximum length is 22 characters.
- You should avoid using numbers or symbols such as "_" or "-".
- The domain name should be descriptive of your business or your company's name.
- You need to be aware of possible trademark conflicts and assess whether or not a trademark search should be conducted.
- You should avoid playing with the spelling or changing it to a more phonetic spelling. Example: spelling "www.joesgraphics.com" as "www.joesgraffics.com"
- You need to consider which extension to use (i.e. .com, .info, etc.). Without question .com is still the most common and is the preferred extension; however, it is also the most difficult to find an available domain name. Other extensions are becoming more popular and may be a better fit for your business if you are able to get the domain name you prefer. Also, the popular extension .org is normally used by non-profits and organizations.
You can use any licensed registrar to list your domain name. We recommend that you utilize one that is reputable and secure. Additional key issues to consider is their authorization to sell domain names by ICANN (the regulatory agency that oversees domain name issues) and those who provide the service of domain DNS Management.
We have used and/or researched:
When you buy a domain name you are purchasing the right to use it for a specified period of time. You should not be paying more then $20.00 a year for this right.
If you choose to buy a domain name follow these steps to link it to your website.
On the domain registration company's website use the DNS Management tool to forward your domain to http://www.bellinghambizeview.com by entering the following IDs into the NS records section:
DNS Record 1: NS1.PROFUSIONWEBSITES.COM
DNS Redocrd 2: NS2.PROFUSIONWEBSITES.COM
The specific instructions on how to do this varies with each registrar.